Learn to dive today with the Open Water Diver Course!
Your ticket to the underwater world!
Whether you’ve done a Discover Scuba Diving program before or you are completely new to diving, The Dive Shack’s PADI Open Water Diver Course is the way to go when you want to learn how to scuba dive in a comfortable and fun way! The Open Water Diver Course will open the door to a completely new world, with different animals, plants and objects than we’re used to on land. Besides the pristine reefs and world famous wreck and jetty dives in South Australia, think about what you can see on local, interstate or international trips! Think about trips to Kangaroo Island, the famous Great Barrier Barrier reef or a trip to the tropical waters of Thailand or Fiji. By becoming a certified Open Water Diver, you open the door to these whole new worlds.
The Dive Shack’s Open Water Course
Our courses are run over 3 days. There is an introductory session in our on site custom built classroom on a Friday night before the course, this is where any questions you have can be nutted out, answered and the instructor can enhance your understanding of the diving basics. The following day is your confined water training conducted in a pool where you practice your diving skills until competent.
The second weekend is all your open water dives. The Dive Shack is one of the only stores in Adelaide that includes 5 open water dives in our course which leaves you more competent and cable to dive upon the completion of your course.
Course Packages available
Basic Course $449
This is our open water course without all the bells and whistles. Included in the course is all your diving equipment, online learning, pool session and 5 Open Water Dives.
Deluxe Wetsuit Deal $695
– Our most popular deal
This is just like our basic open water course PLUS all the bells and whistles. This course includes the bonus of a 5mm Aqua Lung Aquaflex wetsuit for you to keep (vlaued at $399) and a voucher for a double boat dive including hire gear to use within 6 months of the completion of your course (valued at $165). That is an added value of $564 for only $246!
- 7mm Aqua Lung Aquaflex Wetsuit (Valued at $499) Additional $90
- 8mm SolAfx Semi-Dry Wetsuit (Valued at $599) Additional $150
Private Tuition $999
Don’t feel comfortable learning in a group or think you can benefit from one on one tuition then the Private course may be the one for you. By doing this course you can be sure that your instructor can pay particular attention to you and take as long or as little time as you need on all your diving skills.
There are just 4 simple steps to becoming a PADI Open Water Diver with The Dive Shack
- Book onto a course. Talk to our friendly team about when you are available to do the course and what course deal you would like to select. Have some friends that are also interested? If you can get a group of 4 together we can tailor the dates and times to your specific availability.
- Select your personal diving ‘software’. This is your mask, snorkel, boots and fins. We recommend that all our students invest in your own basic diving items to use during the course, this means they will fit well and you won’t have to wonder who the last person to spit in that mask was. Our friendly team of dive professionals will be able to help you to select the perfect gear for your wants and needs.
- Complete your online learning. After signing up to a course with us and paying your deposit, you will get signed up to PADI eLearning. This must be completed along with the review questions before the commencement of your course.
- Turn up with your learning cap on and your sense of adventure. You are about to embark into another world of plants and animals that you may not have been able to see up close and their natural habitat before. Enter into the diving world with an open mind and you are guaranteed to be amazed by what there is to discover in this new and wonderful world!
What happens next? Check out what Advanced Courses we have available.