The Black Ice BC has been designed with the more serious recreational diver in mind. From Tech to Rec the Black Ice can meet all your demands and do it well. Designed to provide the comfort desired for daily diving and the features needed to take you over the edge, the Black Ice is ideal for the diver who does it all.
- • Wrapture™ harness system (pat. pend.) – Using patented swivel shoulder buckles and a proprietary, ultra-thin back plate, the Wrapture™ provides unsurpassed comfort and stability. Wrapture™ prevents the BC from “riding-up” on the surface. Out of the water, the Wrapture keeps the cylinder close to your center of gravity and transfers the weight to your hips. The result is the ability to stand up straight with a cylinder that is perfectly vertical.
• Because of the multiple size settings at the top of the shoulders as well as either side of the waistband, a custom fit can be achieved through any one of 3 sizes.
• SureLock II Mechanical Weight Release System (patented) – provides a safe, single-pull release. Inserting weight is as simple as insert and “click”. With SureLock, your weights are secure in the BC. Once engaged, the only way to release the weight is to pull on the handle.
• Dual channel weight pockets in front along with non-ditchable weight pockets in back mean that all sizes can hold up to 42 lbs. (19kg)
• The Black Ice can be rigged for twin cylinders using the optional twin cylinder kit (p/n 427106).
• There are 4 dump valves in all, one in each corner. 3 are proprietary flat valves are very streamlined and effective. The dump valve on the upper left is the rapid exhaust valve found at the top of the Powerline inflator.
• The Powerline inflator assembly boasts one of the fastest inflation rates in the industry. This environmentally sealed unit has integrated clips to keep the l.p. inflator hose tucked in tight.
• The air cell has several pass-throughs that allow easy air transfer from left to right
• A triple bladder retraction system is used to pull in the sides of the bladder during deflation. This keeps unit streamlined and reduces drag.
• The left pocket is a fold down design with deep capacity, perfect for an extra mask.
• The right pocket is a large utility pocket secured with a robust zipper
• Knife attachment points are found on the left pocket flap which will accommodate many of the Squeeze Lock knives. This location provides easy access to the knife.
• Features 5 large, angled, stainless steel D-rings for all of your accessories.
• Rolled neck collar for comfort
Overall BC Weight: