Aqua Lung Express Fins Foot Pocket
This high performance, full-foot fin is based upon the Slingshot technology coupled with the latest in materials innovation. The result is comfort and performance.
• The blade is not directly attached to the front of the foot pocket. The fulcrum point is at the patented mid-foot location, known as the Mid-Foot Flex Joint. This takes the strain off of the toes and ankles, and allows the entire foot to be used, resulting in incredible comfort.
• To bridge the gap between blade and foot pocket an “Armadillo” membrane is used. The “Armadillo” is a patented, elongating membrane made out of super-elastic rubber. It serves two functions:
º Accumulates elastic energy during each kick and gives it back at the end of the kick
º Make a complete connection between foot pocket and blade, eliminating hydrodynamic gap that water can move through
• Made with different thickness zones for better transmission of power from leg to fin
• Integrated power transmission belt keeps pocket from stretching on power stroke
• Low profile eliminates drag and turbulence
• Large rubber side ribs are high enough to channel water flow down the blade without letting water “spill” over the edges
• Blade made of customized techno-polymer alloy that has high spring effect and flexibility to maximize acceleration
• Strong side ribs and rubber inserts on blade are made with a elastomeric compounds, customized for Aqua Lung to provide maximum elasticity
• Foot pocket made with rubber of different elasticities