One of the most elite ratings in recreational diving is SSI’s Master Diver rating. Divers that have completed this level have combined the knowledge, the skills and the experience to truly call themselves Master Divers. To earn the certification for Master Diver, you must complete 4 specialty courses, be a Stress & Rescue Diver and have done a total of at least 50 dives.
The course consists of four specialties of your choice and the Stress & Rescue course. The costs of the course therefore depend on which specialties you want to take. Take a look at our specialties list and choose today, or have a chat with one of Snorkel Safari Adelaide’s friendly shop or dive team members about the different specialties we offer. If you find it hard to make a decision, you may want to take a look at our Advanced Adventurer course, which gives you the opportunity to test-dive 5 specialties!
Open Water Diver (or Junior Open Water Diver) certification and a current diving medical (within the last 12 months).
The course consists of four specialties and the Stress & Rescue course, which you can take whenever you want. Most specialties consist of a theory night and 1 weekend of open water diving. The amount of theory and the number of theory nights and open water dives, are therefore dependant on your choices. Please note that, besides four specialties and the Stress & Rescue Diver course, you need to have done at least 50 dives to earn this certification.
– All air fills
– All learning materials (manuals, slates, etc.)
– Four Specialty Course certification cards
– Master Diver certification card
– Stress & Rescue certification card
Full SCUBA Gear*
Gloves, Knife and Whistle or Surface Marker Bouy (SMB).
* Please note that it is recommended that you use your own equipment when participating in this course. Snorkel Safari Adelaide’s friendly shop and dive team members are happy to assist you in choosing your equipment. However, if you would rather hire your equipment, you can do so at a cost of $50.00 per specialty.