Learn to Dive in Adelaide
The Dive Shack Open Water Diver Course will prepare you to safely and confidently dive to depths of 18 metres either with a dive professional or just with a friend who is also certified to dive.
Whether you have always dreamed about being able to breathe underwater or are curious to see what lies beneath the surface and explore the oceans of the world, The Dive Shack’s Genuine PADI Open Water Diver Course is the place to start!
The Budget Open Water Diver Course schedule:
Study in your own time! Take your time in the comfort of your own home and save yourself having to learn everything on the day. PADI Open Water Diver Course E-learning allows you to look back on your study for your own revision
Thursday evening 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm: Orientation night and equipment sizing and fitting
Friday evening 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm: Pool session
Saturday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm: Shore Based Ocean Dives 1 and 2
Sunday 8:00 am – 3:30 pm: Shore Based Ocean Dives 3 and 4
*** Please note this Budget Course does not include boat dives for dive 3 or 4 or your bonus free boat dives as with our Standard Open Water Diver Course. ***
What do I need to do before I start the course?
To participate in this course, you will have to:
- Complete your online theory
- Fill out a medical questionnaire prior to commencement of the course to check whether you are fit to dive (please see below for more information)
- Be able to swim 200 metres in a pool
- Be able to float or tread water for 10 minutes in a pool.
- Be a minimum age of 10* years of age. Every student under the age of 18 needs to have a parent or a guardian sign a consent form (available from us and to be completed on the first training session). Students younger than 15 years old will attain a Junior Open Water Scuba Diver certification.
- Students under the age of 18 will need to undergo a Dive Medical examination with a dive doctor. Please have a look at http://www.spums.org.au to find a diving doctor that is located closest to you.
How do I book my PADI?
It’s simple: all you need to do is click on the Book Now Tab and choose your course and dates that suits you. The most popular course is our Standard Open Water Diver Course. Remember, this includes your PADI e-Learning, Classroom Training, Pool Training, 2 Shore Based Ocean Dives and 2 Boat Dives up to and including 18 m! This is the best value for money and furthermore the absolute highest quality learn to dive course in Adelaide!
Once you have booked via our secure online booking platform, you will be contacted by one of our friendly dive professionals who will give you all the information and log on details to get you started with your PADI e-learning. You can access your e-learning on any PC, phone or tablet! It’s simple… and you get to do it in your own time! No pressure!