Have you always thought about taking your next level of PADI Course or wanted to take a specialty but never found the time or didn’t want to spend evenings or weekends studying?
Well, there is no time like the present lockdown time to get started and get the theory out of the way without even leaving home. If you are looking for something to do while waiting for restrictions to be lifted then this could be the solution!
PADI eLearning takes care of the knowledge development component of your PADI course and by taking it at home, you can work through it at your own pace and PADI are now offering an awesome 25% discount on all eLearning Courses! (Up to end of May 2020 so sign up while you have time!)
Here are some of our favourites which are also perfect for diving in Adelaide:
- Advanced Open Water: This is your next step if you are an Open Water Diver. The PADI Advanced course will certify you to dive to 30 meters – which means even more of awesome dive sites to explore when you are diving in Adelaide! You’ll also learn how to navigate underwater as well as looking at 3 other types of diving!
- Rescue Diver: Professional divers will often cite this as being the most rewarding course they ever took. You’ll be learning lifesaving skills and techniques as well as learning how to prevent accidents from occurring in the first place. If you are thinking about joining us for your PADI Divemaster Course or would like to become a PADI Instructor in the future then the Rescue Diver Course is essential.
- Divemaster: Yes!! You can now start your journey to becoming a PADI Professional at home! If you are thinking of the diving in South Australia, or anywhere in the world, as a future career path, get started now!
- Digital Underwater Photography Specialty: You might not be able to go diving right now but the skills and techniques you learn in the PADI Digital Underwater Photography specialty can be practiced at home – which means hours of entertainment with your camera when you can’t go out! Did you know that the diving in Adelaide is famous with underwater photographers who hope to capture stunning shots of the leafy sea dragon?
- Enriched Air Diver (Nitrox): Have you ever wished you could stay deeper for longer? Diving with Enriched Air (Nitrox) increases your allowable bottom time meaning you can admire the depths of your favourite sites for diving in South Australia for even longer!
- Don’t want to study alone? Buy a PADI gift pass for your buddy and study together!
What else can you do during lockdown? Here are some more suggestions to help you stay connected to diving in Adelaide from home…
Get Ready to Dive
When was the last time you looked at your dive gear or your camera housing? Get prepared for when you can next dive in advance and don’t get caught out at the last minute by gear malfunctions. Is some simple servicing and O-ring greasing in order? Get your gear out and check it over. A little TLC now could prevent any unwanted surprises when it comes to your next dives.
Did you know that we offer equipment servicing? You’ll find more information and tips for servicing your own gear here: https://thediveshack.com.au/dive-shack-about-us/servicing/
Edit Your Pictures
How many pictures have you taken when diving in Adelaide that you haven’t edited yet? If you can’t go diving right now, you can at least relive some of the memories and why not turn some of those leafy sea dragon shots into a personal piece of wall art?
Do something Incredible for our Oceans
Why not reach out to local marine conservation organisations and ask if you can help out from home? If you live near the beach and are permitted to go out walking why not take a cleanup bag with you every time? If you don’t live near a beach then do the same in your local area – plastic trash which is discarded on land washes into rivers and eventually finds its way to the ocean.
Are planning to get back into diving in Adelaide as soon as lockdown restrictions are lifted? Whether or not you are ready to make a booking, give us a call on: +61 – (0)8 – 8371 5822
Or send us an email to: email@example.com. We would love to hear from you and discuss your plans for your next dives!