The Dive Shack’s PADI Open Water Course
Learn to Dive in Adelaide
The Dive Shack Open Water Diver Course will prepare you to safely and confidently dive to depths of 18 metres either with a dive professional or just with a friend who is also certified to dive. Whether you have always dreamed about being able to breathe underwater or are curious to see what lies beneath the surface and explore the oceans of the world, The Dive Shack’s Genuine PADI Open Water Diver Course is the place to start!
The Open Water Diver Course schedule:
Study in your own time! Take your time in the comfort of your own home and save yourself having to learn everything on the day. PADI Open Water Diver Course E-learning allows you to look back on your study for your own revision
Thursday evening 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm: Orientation night and equipment sizing and fitting
Friday evening 4/5:00 pm – 9:00 pm: Pool session
Saturday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm: Shore Based Ocean Dives 1 and 2
Sunday 8:00 am – 3:30 pm: Boat Based Ocean Dives 3 and 4 + Complete paperwork for certification at the shop and receive a FREE Double Boat dive!
Don’t forget, upon completion of your course, when you dive on our boat we will have a dive professional on board who can buddy with you at no extra charge with when you present your voucher you receive at the successful completion of your course! Here’s why you should start your underwater journey with The Dive Shack
What do I need to do before I start the course?
To participate in this course, you will have to:
- complete 8 to 10 hours of online theory
- fill out a medical questionnaire prior to commencement of the course to check whether you are fit to dive (please see below for more information)
- be able to swim 200 metres in a pool
- be able to float or tread water for 10 minutes in a pool.
- Be a minimum age of 12 years of age. Every student under the age of 18 needs to have a parent or a guardian sign a consent form (available from us and to be completed on the first training session). Students younger than 15 years old will attain a Junior Open Water Scuba Diver certification.
- Students under the age of 18 will need to undergo a Dive Medical examination with a dive doctor. Please have a look at http://www.spums.org.auto find a diving doctor that is located closest to you.
How do I book my PADI?
It’s simple: all you need to do is click on the Book Now Tab and choose your course and dates that suits you. The most popular course is our Standard Open Water Diver Course. Remember, this includes your PADI e-Learning, Classroom Training, Pool Training, 2 Shore Based Ocean Dives and 2 Boat Dives up to and including 18 m! This is the best value for money and furthermore the absolute highest quality learn to dive course in Adelaide and in fact all of South Australia!
Once you have booked via our secure online booking platform, you will be contacted by one of our friendly dive professionals who will give you all the information and log on details to get you started with your PADI e-learning. You can access your e-learning on any PC, phone or tablet! It’s simple… and you get to do it in your own time! No pressure!
- $595* – Standard Course Price (Boat Dives Included)
- $545*– Bring 1 or 2 friends – SAVE $50 per person!
- $495*– Bring 3 or more friends – SAVE $100 per person!
Here’s why you should dive with The Dive Shack!
- 100% South Australian Owned and Operated small family business (we are local and we employ locally. As a small family business, reputation and quality is everything to us)
- Veteran Owned and Operated (we are Defence Veteran’s and support those who have served and those that continue to serve our community)
- Money Back Guarantee (If you after your pool sessions are 100% convinced that diving is not for you, we will refund you the remainder of the course costs)
- No Hidden Costs (Don’t worry, there are no hidden costs! You are more than welcome to upgrade to any higher quality course at any time during your chosen course. Your Instructor will be more than happy to explain how this can work at any time).
- Fun and Passionate Dive Team (Our team is dynamic and friendly, but most importantly professional, safe and loads of fun).
- Low Student to Instructor Ratio (Get the added benefit of having more personal time with your instructor, we have a Max of six students per course with one instructor and a Dive Master).
- Boat Dives Included (After completing 2 shore-based dives on our standard learn to dive course, we dive from our own purpose-built dive boat to depths up to and including 18 m deep to ensure you get the right training to ensure you are a safe, confident and comfortable diver before you are certified. After all, you are qualified to dive to 18m, so it makes sense to take you there during the course right?
- 6 Open Water Dives (At the completion of your Standard Open Water Certification, we will give you a voucher to come back and dive on our boat at no extra charge. This gives you a total of 6 Open Water Dives Get more time in the water with your instructor and learn to be a safe, comfortable and confident PADI Open Water Diver on our Standard PADI Open Water Diver Course)
- New School/Rental Gear (We regularly update our school equipment with the world’s leading scuba gear manufacturers. This ensures your comfort and safety is further catered for on all dive courses at The Dive Shack).
- Adelaide’s largest range of quality swim, snorkel and scuba equipment (All our showrooms are fully stocked to ensure you can get fitted and take your gear today! If you want something in particular, a different brand or piece of equipment, just ask; we can get it in for you without an issue! Furthermore, we have many different payment options to make your decisions easier. Furthermore, we have many different payment options to make your decisions easier including Afterpay, Certegy and Zip Money.
- 100% software satisfaction (When you invest in your mask, snorkel and fins for your Learn to Dive Course with The Dive Shack, when in the pool, if you decide you don’t like your comfort and fit, no problems. We will happily swap them for a product you are 100% satisfied before you reach the ocean for your first open water dives.)
- Price Match Guarantee (Our prices are extremely competitive. If you to find a better price on any stocked item in any store within Australia, we will match it. *Conditions Apply).
- Location Close to the City (We are only minutes away from the Adelaide CBD, we have plenty of parking both out the front and back!)
- Genuine PADI Certification only (Don’t get caught out – you learnt to dive for a reason, your PADI certification card will be recognised worldwide by every dive centre).
- Nationally Recognised Training (We are the only dive centre to that teaches learn to dive courses in Adelaide that are recognised vocational training in Australia. Put your learn to dive course accreditation and competency achieved towards your other studies and maximise your learning)
Swing by The Dive Shack for a chat with our friendly team. We’ll happily talk you through your open water course and options.
*price matched items will include price of postage